This is a follow-up on my post regarding the recently released firmware for the Nokia N82.
A couple of months ago, I created a wish list of fixes and new features that i would like Nokia to put on the N82. When i first heard that nokia released a firmware update for the N82, i was hoping that most of my wishes would come true.
I’ve already upgraded my Nokia N82′s firmware to the latest release – Firmware version 30. I’ve seen and checked the supposedly change log (summary of fixes and enhancements) but most of which were not in my wish list.
I’m sure most of nokia N82 would love these to be included… however, i think there’s only a few of us who wants these things and there were more users who had problems “playing the batman movie” on their phone.. geeeeez.
- Inserting contacts name and/or numbers in an SMS message
- Option to adjust audio when recording either audio or video
- Turn off the red light while shooting a video. I know its used as a sensor for taking pictures and yeah for videos but you should give the user an option to turn it off.
- TURN OFF CAMERA SOUND! Please provide this option! Its so basic and yet its not in the phone. The units he in Asia can’t turn off the camera sounds even if the phone is in silent mode or has turned off the warning tone or even all tones!
- Default option to turn off flash to conserve battery!
- Option to choose a default Scene Mode when taking pictures.
- Add a TAB view on the menu view
- Separate Video gallery and Photo gallery. Now you can have a use for those redundant buttons. Use the multimedia key above the C (or cancel button) for opening video gallery and the other multimedia gallery on the side of the phone for photos!
- My phone sometimes continuously vibrate when i receive an sms message. I’d have to restart it to turn the vibration off.
Music (updated 7/17/08)
- Option to choose which folder to use as source for music files.
Here are other wishes from my readers:
- Make gallery loading much, MUCH faster. and automatically recognise folders as albums (so that when photos are organised and transferred back to phone, they can be recognised as albums without needing nokia software)
- possibility to save attachments, even if the filetype is not known by the phone (”retrieving” is possible, but you can’t save a copy to the phone/card memory..so you kind of can download it, but can’t access it anyway
- possibility to mark search results with the #-key, so that e.g. i can use the result of a contacts-search to send an sms to all contacts in the result
- web browser:
> possibility to mark text on a website
> easier way to open new tabs
> status-bar where you can see where a link points to, when you hover over it with the “mouse” (and maybe be able to only copy the link location instead to directly load it)
> general improvement of speed and stability
- Lets see if this was addressed in the latest firmware … fingers crossed!
- filter contacts by the company field, very useful option for a professional’s phone