Just bought a new (extra) phone… the Nokia 1208. Among the low end phones in the market today I found the Nokia 1208 most interesting. Well, a user must first know what phone he/she wants. Because if you don’t, you’ll end up buying either an underutilized phone or one that won’t be able to provide the features you need.
I didn’t want another “High tech” phone as a spare mobile phone as I already have my Nokia N82 which has all that i need . I’ve also played around with some high end phones and find them “too much” for just a spare phone.
So why the Nokia 1208?
- I wanted a low profile phone. Something i can use even if i’m in the deadliest streets of the metro without thingking that i’ll get robbed or something like that. If robbers will ask for this phone, i’ll surely give it to them.
- Standard charger.. I was thinking of getting an LG phone. I was so close in getting it instead. But i realized that i’ll be carrying another charger with me. Unlike the 1208 which uses the same charger as my other nokia phones.
- Its small and lightweight. Won’t clutter up my pockets.
- Its colored display is a great plus
- Can store up to 60 SMS / text messages (i only store up to 25 messages on my Nokia n82 inbox).
- It has a distribution list.
- Has a signature template where you can put your signature in every message that you send out! (I LIKE THIS!)
- Has loudspeaker – WOW for a tiny gadget!
- You can Block certain numbers – you wont receive their texts or calls
- Can store up to 200 contacts in the phone book – The phone supports up to five separate phonebooks for multiple users. Nice huh?
- Has an Alarm clock, shows Analog/digital clock, Stopwatch, Countdown timer, Calculator, Converter
- Calendar, Reminders
- Battery power is also a big plus – 7 hrs talk time and 15.2 days stand by time! WHOAH.
- And of course…. it has a built in flash light! NICE!
So you see, the Nokia 1208 is really a winner for me.
But one thing i’d like the Nokia 1208 to have.. is a slimmer body!