The Philippines has topped the list of Opera Mini users in South East Asia (SEA).
The country ranks number three and has poised a 353.6% growth in use among other SEA nations.
Page-view growth since May 2008: 1,572.5%
Unique-user growth since May 2008: 353.6%
Page-views per user: 705
And the top 10 sites that mobile users in the Philippines using Opera Mini are going to/using are the following:
But other might say that opera mini users in the country are not that significant compared to those who use the built-in browser or those who doesn’t use the internet on their phone at all. But hey, a tri-fold growth in users would surely mean:
- More mobile phone usres are beginning to be mobile-tech-savvy and now knows how to download and use third party services such as opera mini.
- Opera Mini is penetrating the mobile community in the country
- There are now more mobile phones that can be able to download third party applications like opera mini than the previous years.
- More mobile phone users are not happy with their phone’s built-in browser (ouch!). Nokia tops the list of opera mini users
The report also gives us the idea that:
- Mobile phone users are now using their phones for social networking aside from just the usual text and call. (can be attributed to the low cost of mobile internet )
- Pinoys are now more attached to social networking that they want to always be “in touch” with one another
- There is a need for website owners and administrators to enable their sites to be read and seen on mobile phones.
- Sulit.com.ph is an online marketplace and mobile phone users are now using the internet to buy and sell products and services.
I’m more concerned about #4. I hope mobile phone makers make their built-in browsers better.