I saw an email in my inbox just now. Its from Yahoo Mail. At first I really thought it was a spam mail. So as an SOP, I first did some background check over the web and found out to be an authentic email.
Thank you for being a Yahoo! Mail user for the past 9 year(s). We look forward to bringing you a faster, safer, and friendlier Yahoo! Mail soon.
In the coming months, we will invite you to upgrade your account <my ID>@yahoo.com to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail. All Yahoo! Mail users will be invited to upgrade. If do you not wish to wait, you can have the newest Yahoo! Mail today.
So what’s new?
- Get and send emails and attachments faster than ever before
- You can send multiple files, up to a total of 25MB
- See only the messages you want with the latest spam protection technology
- UNLIMITED STORAGE – Use it as your personal archive to keep photos and everything that matters
- Link your Facebook and twitter feed so you can see, post, and never miss out on any conversations.
- onnect to friends instantly via IM or SMS
- Set up your mobile phone to sync with Yahoo! Calendar or view calendar in a mobile web browser
I migrated to the beta version as I was writing this post. Here’s a summary of what I think:
- I like the more polished look;
- Yeah its faster to load now than before (using the same internet connection);
- The Calendar seems to look and function better – you can now sync calendars (or if you could do this before, I did not use it for 9 years!) “Anyone using a calendar that supports the iCalendar or .ics formats can use this URL to sync to your Yahoo! Calendar”.;
- After trying the yahoo+facebook update, this message appeared “Yahoo! Updates is temporarily unavailable”. (hey, its still in beta…)
- Most “applications” are placed on tabs inside the yahoo mail page (except for the calendar).
- Can’t sign in to yahoo messenger and facebook (on the left side bar)
That’s it for now… overall, i think the new features are very promising.