Companies can now manage mobile devices (both personal and company issued) of different mobile OS and ensure information security for mobile devices used by their workforce.
Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) recently released “Mobility Device Manager (MDM)” service.
With SingTel MDM, companies can secure data through security policy settings and governance, control on devices, manage apps deployment and control cost through usage policy management. These can all be done via the simple-to-use web-based portal.
- Gives you clear visibility into all corporate and personal mobile devices from different operators and platforms, therefore you can seamlessly deploy your enterprise IT policies and configurations to a user or a user group.
- It also provides you with an enterprise app store front to support your in-house or public apps distribution.
- allows you to remotely lock & wipe data from lost devices so there is minimal risk on corporate data
- Puts the control back into your hands. Set policies for the smart devices accessing corporate data. For any apps that are not compliant to your IT policies, you can also set policies to govern them. Remote diagnosis of smart devices is also made easy with SingTel MDM
- Monitor your roaming spends with threshold alerts from SingTel MDM. Lower your operational costs with seamless efforts of mass configuring smart devices and mass deployment of in house apps to smart devices globally.
I have a feeling that Globe will also introduce this service here in the Philippines as SingTel owns 47% of Globe Telecoms.