Archos has released Firmware version 4.0.6 for their Generation 9 (G9) tablets.
- Wi-Fi: fix more disconnect cases happening on some access points
- GPS: increase stability of GPS
- HDMI: do not propose overscan setting when TV supports underscan
- microSD: improve reliability of card insertion detection
- microSD: fix read/write permission issue occurring with some applications
- Applications: fix platform reboot occurring sometimes after a while when using high CPU demanding applications
It seems Archos has not yet fully solved the Wi-fi disconnect issue and automatic rebooting. I hope with this latest fix, we’ll see no more complaints in these areas.