Nokia announced their upcoming smart and modern entry-level smartphone, the Nokia Lumia 510.
Following on from the success of the Nokia Lumia 610, this latest addition to the Nokia Lumia range comes in five vivid colors for a fun and personal way to enjoy Windows Phone.
With the Nokia Lumia 510 we continue to meet our commitment to bring Windows Phone to new, lower price points. People who use Windows Phone quickly realize how much more intuitive it is than other smartphone platforms, and Nokia Lumia is the best embodiment of the Windows Phone experience. With the Nokia Lumia 510 we’re looking forward to welcoming more people into the Windows Phone experience. - Jo Harlow, executive vice president of Nokia Smart Devices
- Operating System Windows Phone 7.5
- Display 4-inch WVGA 800×480
- TFT Capacitive Touch Screen
- Battery 1300 mAh
- Processor Snapdragon(TM) S1
- Main camera 5MP Autofocus
- Memory 256MB RAM
- 4GB mass memory (no memory card slot)
- 7GB free SkyDrive storage
- wifi + 3G capable
- Nokia Lumia 510
- is lighter at 129 g
- has a bigger screen at 4 inch
- Nokia Lumia 610
- has longer talk time in 3G at 9.5 hours
- uses Corning® Gorilla® Glass
With an introductory price of $199 (Php 8,500) – excluding taxes, I think the bigger screen made the Nokia Lumia 510 more expensive than the Nokia Lumia 610, which is now around Php 7,800 (net price).
The Nokia Lumia 510 will be available starting November 2012 in India and China, and followed closely by other Asia-Pacific countries and South America.